Shade Tree Sites |Building Better Websites
Some Ideas About Website Design:
- Keep it simple.
- A clean design – clutter is confusing and difficult to navigate.
- Use short brief and to the point text areas with images.
- Get to the point – on the internet people are looking to get the information they want quickly.
- Use Multiple Navigation Menus
- Use several methods to find information on the site. Everyone organizes in different patterns.
- Website Theme should reflect the personality of your business.
- Your website theme will be your customers first impression and should give them an accurate reflection of your business personality.
- Entertainment related business should have more light hearted fun sites while professional business more serious and so on.
- Be consistent.
- The layout of your site should be consistent throughout to increase ease of use.
- Menus and navigation should be located in the same area of all pages.
- Include contact information.
- Only include contact information that you actually check regualrly. Internet customers are used to fast response and generally communicate through email – so only include email addresses you actually check.
- Include your address and corresponding map and phone number, if you want to customers to come to your location.
- Include photos.
- Images give personality to your site.
- If you have a brick and mortar location include a photo of the building.
- Include photos of yourself and key employees.
- Include photos of your products with descriptions and prices.