Shade Tree Sites |Building Better Websites
- When inserting a word document or excel table into a post or page either copy and paste it into the word tab on the text editor (clipboard with a W (word) or T(excel)). The formatting of both types of documents can conflict with some themes and cause the post/page to break (mess the template up).
- For a paragraph space hit enter for a new line without space hit shift/enter.
- Watch your table widths. Unless your table is formatted for a percentage it may be too wide for your post/page template and the post/page will not scroll you will just lose some of the table.
- Occasionally, when you save a post/page that has centered text – it will not take and you will have to format and re-save.
- Even is you are not using a tag cloud – fill out tags for your posts/pages – these become search terms that are helpful to visitors of your site.
- When writing a new post/page you can choose to publish it at a later date – choose edit next to publish immediately and choose a future date and time to publish – wordpress will handle it from there.
- You can reverse saved changes to a post/page. At the very center bottom of the Edit Post/Page screen you will see Post Revisions – they are dated – select which one to go to and update – the older version will be re-activated.
(I’ll be adding more to this post…)